- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human CCL5 (RANTES) Precoated ELISA Kit, D17S136E, SCYA5, SISd, TCP228
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|440807||1 Pre-coated Plate||350,00 CHF|
CCL5, also known as RANTES, is a member of the CC family of chemokines. The precursor of CCL5 contains 91 amino acids, with an N-terminal signal peptide of 23 amino acids which is cleaved to generate the 68 amino acids mature protein (7.8 kD). Human mature CCL5 shares 82% - 90% amino acid seqeuence identity with equine, porcine, bovine, mouse, rat and canine CCL5.
CCL5 is expressed by T cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays an active role in recruiting leukocytes into inflammatory sites through receptors CCR1, CCR3, CCR4, and CCR5. CCL5 induces the proliferation and activation of certain natural killer (NK) cells. It also inhibits HIV-1 entry and infection. In addition, CCL5 plays a crucial role in the migration and metastasis of cancer cells. Increased CCL5 levels are found in melanoma, breast, cervical, prostate, gastric, and pancreatic cancers.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human CCL5 (RANTES) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with an antibody specific for human CCL5. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human CCL5 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human CCL5 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human CCL5 Dectection Antibody
- Human CCL5 Standard
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 3.0 ± 0.4 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.