- Other Names
- Human CCL28 Precoated ELISA Kit, Mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine (MEC), CCK1, SCYA28, Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 28
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|441207||1 Pre-coated Plate||425 CHF|
CCL28 is also known as mucosa-associated epithelial chemokine (MEC) and CCK1. It is a member of the C-C group of the chemokine family. The full-length human CCL28 protein consists of 127 amino acids and has a molecular weight of ~12 kD. Human CCL28 is closely related to CCL27 and shares 83% homology to mouse CCL28. CCL28 is expressed by columnar epithelial cells in the gut, lung, breast, and salivary glands. The expression levels of CCL28 can be increased by several stimulants including pro-inflammatory cytokines, bacterial flagellin, and n-butyrate, a product of microbial metabolism.
CCL28 binds to G-protein coupled receptors CCR3 and CCR10, and induces calcium mobilization. It is involved in homing of T and B lymphocytes that express CCR10, and migration of eosinophils that express CCR3. CCL28 can also act as an antimicrobial protein, suggesting a direct contribution to innate immune protection. CCL28 has been implicated in a number of disease processes. Serum CCL28 levels have markedly increased in patients with atopic dermatitis. Increased expression of CCL28 is also associated with asthma, psoriasis, vulgaris, and bullous pemphigoid.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human CCL28 ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a mouse monoclonal anti-human CCL28 antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated mouse monoclonal anti-human CCL28 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human CCL28 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma (EDTA and citrate only), and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-CCL28 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- CCL28 Dectection Antibody
- CCL28 Standard
- Matrix A
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 5.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8 - 500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.