- Poly5355 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor-AA, Glioma-derived growth factor, GDGF, Osteosarcoma-derived Growth Factor, ODGF
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|535503||100 µg||440 CHF|
Platelet-derived growth factors (PDGFs) are homo- or heterodimers of four polypeptides, known as A, B, C and D chains. PDGFs usually act primarily in paracrine manner and may be engaged in autocrine loops in tumors. Five PDGF isoforms (AA, BB, AB, CC and DD) have been identified. PDGFs are primarily synthesized, stored, and released by platelets upon activation. PDGF-A and PDGF-B undergo intracellular activation during transport in the exocytic pathway and PDGF-C and PDGF-B are activated by extracellular proteases. Like PDGF-B, intracellular activation of PDGF-A, by removing the N-terminal sequence, is required for PDGF-A to bind to its receptor. PDGF-A can also be expressed by epithelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and neuronal progenitors. PDGF-AA is well known as a potent mitogen for the proliferation of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells (OPCs). PDGF-AA can promote embryonic forebrain neural stem cells into O4-positive oligodendrocytes by activating Erk pathway. PDGF-AA also plays an important role in directing cell migration during embryonic development and postnatal migration response including wound healing. Chemotaxis ability of PDGF-AA has been shown on fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, monocytes, and granulocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human PDGF-AA
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.1 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C. Make small volume aliquots if needed and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
Neut - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of NIH 3T3 cell proliferation induced by recombinant human PDGF-AA (Cat. No. 773702) at 300 ng/mL. The ND50 is 2 – 10 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910467 (BioLegend Cat. No. 535503)
Platelets produce PDGF-AA. Other cells, including epithelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and neuronal progenitors, can also produce PDGF-AA.
- PDGF-A has two isoforms due to alternative splicing which is cell type-specific and is different among organs and tumor cell lines. Expression of PDGF-A can be increased in human uterine smooth muscle cells during the physiological hypertrophy. Expression of PDGF-A can be repressed by glucocorticoid treatment of smooth muscle cells and aging of human fibroblasts.
- Smooth muscle cells, connective tissue cells, bone and cartilage cells, and oligodendrocyte cells
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Heldin CH and Westermark B. 1999. Physiol Rev. 79:1283-316.
- Fredriksson L, et al. 2004. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 15:197-204.
- Hu JG, et al. 2012. J Mol Neurosci. 46:644-53.
- Schneider L, et al. 2010. Cell Physiol Biochem. 25:279-92.
- Karlsson C and Paulsson Y. 1994. J Cell Physiol. 158:256-62.
- Shure D, et al. 1992. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 186:1510-4.
- Gene ID
- 5154 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PDGF-AA on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All PDGF-AA Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|LEAF™ Purified anti-human PDGF-AA||Poly5355||Neut,IHC-P,WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.