- JES1-5A10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|501004||500 µg||250 CHF|
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. The JES1-39D10 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant human IL-5
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-5 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1-3 or ELISPOT4-6 Detection: The purified JES1-5A10 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated JES1-39D10 (Cat. No. 501002) as the detection antibody. Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-5 bioactivity.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining8,9 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 & 430404) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Butterfield J, et al. 1992. Blood 79:688.
- Abrams J, et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker New York. p.133.
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19.6.
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
- Limaye A, et al. 1991. J. Clin. Inv. 88:1418.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
AB_315146 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501004)
- Cytokine; dimer; 45 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Takatsu K, et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu K. 1991. Microbiol. Immun. 35:593.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.