- 7B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Rat IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|511004||500 µg||340 CHF|
Bioactive IL-12 is a potent regulator of cell-mediated immune responses and key mediator of Th1 cell development. Bioactive IL-12 is secreted by activated B lymphocytes, dendritic cells and macrophages as a 70 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein comprised of disulfide-bonded 35 kD and 40 kD subunits. The disulfide-linked p40 homodimer can bind to IL-12 receptors and antagonize the activities of bioactive IL-12. The 7B12 antibody reacts with human IL-12 p70 heterodimer, but shows no reactivity with IL-12 p35 or p40 monomer. The 7B12 has high affinity to human IL-12 p70 heterodimer.Product Details
- Human, p70 heterodimer
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-12 p70 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT capture antibody, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT capture: The purified 7B12 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for an IL-12 p70 specific sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated C8.6 antibody (Cat. No. 508802/508805) as the detection antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Note: For testing human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430701 to 430706) are specially developed and recommended. For testing human IL-12 p70 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431701 to 431706) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Shimomura Y, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1343. PubMed
AB_2211912 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511004)
- Cytokine; monomer, dimer (with p35 or p40)
- Induces IFN-γ, TNF-α production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem.. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol.. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol.. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol.. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p70 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.