- SMI 310 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide, NF-H, 200 kD neurofilament protein, neurofilament triplet H protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|837707||25 µg||116 CHF|
|837708||100 µg||292 CHF|
Neurofilaments (NF) are approximately 10 nanometer intermediate filaments found in neurons. They are a major component of the neuronal cytoskeleton, and function primarily to provide structural support for the axon and regulate axon diameter. There are three major NF subunits, and the names given to these subunits are based upon the apparent molecular mass of the mammalian subunits on SDS-PAGE: the light or lowest NF (NF-L) runs at 68-70 kD; the medium or middle NF (NF-M) runs at about 145-160 kD; the heavy or highest NF (NF-H) runs at 200-220 kD. However, the actual molecular weight of these proteins is considerably lower due to the highly charged C-terminal regions of the molecules. The level of NF gene expression correlates with axonal diameter, which controls how fast electrical signals travel down the axon. Mutant mice with NF abnormalities have phenotypes resembling amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. NF immunostaining is common in diagnostic neuropathology. It is useful for differentiating neurons (positive for NF) from glia (negative for NF).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solution with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated to HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting4, immunocytochemistry2 and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections1, 3.
Clone SMI 310 reacts with an extensively phosphorylated epitope of neurofilament H and, to a much lesser extent, neurofilament M in most mammalian species. Phosphatase treatment of samples abolishes reaction with SMI 310. A very extensive degree of hyperphosphorylation of neurofilaments seems to be necessary for its reactivity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2686950 (BioLegend Cat. No. 837707)
AB_2686951 (BioLegend Cat. No. 837708)
- The medium or middle neurofilament (NF-M) runs at 145-160 kD, and the heavy or highest neurofilament (NF-H) runs at 200-220 kD.
Tissue distribution: CNS, peripheral nerves and glandular cells of the prostate.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, nucleus, cytosol, and mitochondrion.
- Neurofilaments are the major components of the neuronal cytoskeleton. They provide axonal support and regulate axon diameter.
- Cell bodies and dendrites are generally unstained while other cells and tissues are unreactive, except for peripheral axons.
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Siedler D, et al. 2014. Front Cell Neurosci. 8:429.
- Gene ID
- 4744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Neurofilament HM NF-H NF-M Phospho on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated||SMI 310||IHC-P, WB, IHC-F, ICC|
|Biotin anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated||SMI 310||WB|
|HRP anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated||SMI 310||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated||SMI 310||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated||SMI 310||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated
Biotin anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated
HRP anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Neurofilament H & M (NF-H/NF-M), Phosphorylated