- 17C7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EL2, SPTA1, Spectrin alpha chain, erythrocyte, alpha-I spectrin, erythroid alpha-spectrin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|803105||25 µg||130 CHF|
|803106||100 µg||275 CHF|
Spectrin is an intracellular cytoskeletal protein that provides structure to eukaryotic cells and helps maintain plasma membrane integrity. Alpha-1 Spectrin, encoded by the SPTA1 gene, is found primarily in erythrocytes and in the cerebellum.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Clone 17C7 is developed against the alpha I spectrin SH3 domain (Xu et al., 2000)2.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in Western Blotting (WB). Additional reported applications include immunocytochemistry1, 2.
Clone 17C7 is a specific marker for human, rat and mouse alpha I spectrin. It reacts with erythroid spectrin in red blood cells and in cerebellum. It does not crossreact with alpha II (nonerythroid) spectrin SH3 domain or recombinant human fodrin SH3 domain. In cerebellar cell cultures, clone 17C7 labels cell bodies consistent with localization of erythroid spectrin. In NIH 3T3 cells, clone 17C7 reacts with a 280 kDa protein which is a candidate marker of endocytic vesicles called macropinosomes1, 2.
This antibody was developed against a recombinant alpha I spectrin (erythroid spectrin) SH3 domain.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Xu J, et al. 2001. Brain Res. 898(1):171-7. (WB, ICC)
- Xu J, et al. 2000. J. Cell Sci.113:3805-14. (WB, ICC)
- Product Citations
AB_2783375 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803105)
AB_2783376 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803106)
- Expected MW: 250 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- De Matteis MA, Morrow JS. 2000. J. Cell Sci. 113:2331-43.
- Bennett V, Gilligan DM. 1993. Annu. Rev. Cell Biol. 9:27-66.
- Gene ID
- 6708 View all products for this Gene ID 20739 View all products for this Gene ID 289257 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Alpha-I Spectrin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.