- P83B5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, Acute-phase response factor (APRF), HIES, ADMIO
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|691503||25 µg||83 CHF|
|691504||100 µg||259 CHF|
STAT3 is an 88 kD member of the STAT (signal transducer and activators of transcription) protein family that is phosphorylated in response to a cytokine receptor-associated kinase activity. Phosphorylation of STAT3 induces nuclear translocation to activate transcription. STAT3 forms both homo- and heterotrimers and is involved in the activation of genes required for cell growth and apoptosis. STAT3 is also involved in gp130 signaling and binds to IL-6 response elements in various acute phase protein promoters. STAT3 is phosphorylated by signaling from IFNs, EGF, FGF, IL-5, HGF, LIF, and BMP2. STAT3 activity is inhibited by PIAS3 and GRIM-19 and can also be regulated by the Rac1 protein.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant fragment (aa 20-240) of human STAT3 expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.05% sodium azide.
- The Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP. For ChIP, the suggested use of this reagent is 1-50-1:150 dilution by volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The canonical sequence of STAT3 contains 770 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 88 kD. A shorter isoform of STAT3 with 722 amino acids (83 kD) was reported. Clone P83B5 may recognize both isoforms.
25 µg, 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade Purified™ antibody can be used for 2-8, 11-33 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilution.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell. 77:63.
- Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
- Sanchez-Margalet V & Martin-Romero C. 2001. Cell Immunol. 211:30.
- Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
- Hoey T & Grusby MJ. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
AB_2716049 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691503)
AB_2716050 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691504)
- STAT3 is a 770 amino acid protein of 88 kD. It consists of a DNA binding domain, a SH2 domain, a regulatory tyrosine responsible for binding of SH2 domain, and a C-terminal transactivation domain.
- Phosphorylated in response to cytokine signaling by receptor-associated kinases, translocates to the nucleus to act as a transcriptional activator, activates a wide variety of genes involved in cell growth and apoptosis, and is involved in gp130-related signaling.
- STAT3 forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other STAT family members and interacts with IL31RA, NCOA1, PELP1, SIPAR, SOCS7, STATIP1, CAV2, DAPK3, EIF2AK2, PIAS3, and TMF1.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell. 77:63.
2. Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
3. Sanchez-Margalet V & Martin-Romero C. 2001. Cell Immunol. 211:30.
4. Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
5. Hoey T & Grusby MJ. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-STAT3||P83B5||WB, ChIP|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-STAT3||P83B5||ChIP, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.