- 6F8-D9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone H4, histone 1, H4a, H4 histone family, member A, H4K20me3
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|827703||25 µg||75 CHF|
|827704||100 µg||235 CHF|
Histone proteins are classified into core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4) and linker histones (H1, H5). Core histones form an octamer, which contains two H2A-H2B dimers and one H3-H4 tetramer. Core histones are predominantly globular except for the unstructured N-terminal tails. Posttranslational modifications, such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, SUMOylation and ADP-ribosylation occur in histone tails.
Histone modifications induce changes of chromatin structure and thereby affect the accessibility of transcription factors, nuclear proteins and enzymes to genomic DNA, resulting in gene activation or repression. It is known that histone modifications play critical roles in DNA repair, DNA replication, transcription regulation, alternative splicing and chromosome condensation and some diseases including autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH containing trimethylated lysine 20 of human Histone H4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50-1:100 by volume. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested dilution is 1:100 - 1:500. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Western blotting (WB).
- Additional Product Notes
25 µg and 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 2-5 or 10-20 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilutions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Botuyan MV, et al. 2006. Cell. 127:1361. (WB)
AB_2632896 (BioLegend Cat. No. 827703)
AB_2632844 (BioLegend Cat. No. 827704)
- Histone proteins H3 and H4 bind to form a tetramer. This tetramer further combines with two H2a-H2b dimers to form the compact Histone octamer core.
Histone H4 is ubiquitously expressed in all cells.
- Transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication, chromosomal stability, silencing of repetitive DNA and transposons.
- Various transcription factors.
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Chen HM, et al. 2015. Epigenetics and Dermatology 409.
2. Bhasin M, et al. 2006. J. Comput. Biol. 13:102.
3. Nelson DM, et al. 2016. Genome Biol. 17:158.
- Gene ID
- 8359 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H4 Trimethyl on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.