- 1B1-B2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Histone H3.1, histone H3/a, histone 1, H3a, H3 histone family, member A, H3/A, H3FA
- Mouse IgG3, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|819413||25 µg||83 CHF|
|819414||100 µg||259 CHF|
Histone proteins are classified into core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4) and linker histones (H1, H5). Core histones form an octamer, which contains two H2A-H2B dimers and one H3-H4 tetramer. Core histones are predominantly globular except for the unstructured N-terminal tails. Posttranslational modifications, such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, SUMOylation and ADP-ribosylation occur in histone tails.
Histone modifications induce changes of chromatin structure and thereby affect the accessibility of transcription factors, nuclear proteins and enzymes to genomic DNA, resulting in gene activation or repression. It is known that histone modifications play critical roles in DNA repair, DNA replication, transcription regulation, alternative splicing and chromosome condensation and some diseases including autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminal domain of human Histone H3 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide with stabilizer
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
The recommended starting antibody to chromatin ratio is 1 µg of antibody and 5 µg of chromatin per IP. Optimal antibody to chromatin ratio should be determined by the end user. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration of 1.0 µg/mL is suggested. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.01 - 0.5 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified with the purified format.
AB_2832856 (BioLegend Cat. No. 819413)
AB_2832857 (BioLegend Cat. No. 819414)
- Histone proteins H3 and H4 bind to form a H3-H4 dimer, two of these H3-H4 dimers combine to form a tetramer. This tetramer further combines with two H2a-H2b dimers to form the compact Histone octamer core.
- Histones play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability.
- Rsk-2, MSK1, GCN5 family of HATs, HDACs, PARP, SET7/9, and CARM1
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Chen HM, et al. 2015. Epigenetics and Dermatology 409.
- Gene ID
- 8350 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H3 C-terminus on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Histone H3 (C-terminus)||1B1-B2||ICC, IHC-F, IHC-P|
|HRP anti-Histone H3 (C-terminus)||1B1-B2||WB, IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Histone H3 (C-terminus)||1B1-B2||IHC-P|
|Purified anti-Histone H3 (C-terminus)||1B1-B2||IHC-P, WB|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-Histone H3 (C-terminus)||1B1-B2||ChIP, IHC-P, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.