- HCD56 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-19, NKH1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|318303||25 tests||99 CHF|
|318304||100 tests||198 CHF|
CD56 is a single transmembrane glycoprotein also known as NCAM (Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule), Leu-19, or NKH1. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. The 140 kD isoform is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells. CD56 is also expressed in the brain (cerebellum and cortex) and at neuromuscular junctions. Certain large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemias, small-cell lung carcinomas, neuronal derived tumors, myelomas, and myeloid leukemias also express CD56. CD56 plays a role in homophilic and heterophilic adhesion via binding to itself or heparin sulfate.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone HCD56 is not recommended for immunohistochemistry formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Correia DV, et al. 2011. Blood 118:992. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_604091 (BioLegend Cat. No. 318303)
AB_604100 (BioLegend Cat. No. 318304)
- Ig superfamily, single transmembrane or GPI-anchored glycoprotein
NK cells, T subset, neural tissue, some LGL and myeloid leukemias
- Heparin sulfate
- Cell Type
- B cells, Leukemia, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neurons, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lanier L, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:4421.
2. Hemperly J, et al. 1990. J. Mol. Neurosci. 2:71.
3. Cremer H, et al. 1994. Nature 367:455.
- Gene ID
- 4684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD56 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
FITC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
APC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Biotin anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PerCP anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)