- A2A9/6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|359809||25 tests||75 CHF|
|359810||100 tests||195 CHF|
CD41/CD61, also known as gpIIb/IIIa, is a member of a family integrin receptors. This is a complex comprised by CD41 and CD61 through non-covalent association. CD41/CD61 is mainly expressed by platelets and megakaryocytes. The resting form of the CD41/CD61 complex is involved in platelet activation and aggregation by binding to immobilized fibrinogen. After activation, CD41/CD61 becomes a receptor for soluble fibrinogen and several other RGD-containing adhesive proteins such as von Willebrand Factor (vWF) and fibronectin. An absence or dysfunction of CD41/CD61 on the platelet surface results in an inherited bleeding disorder, called Glanzmann Thromsasthenia (GT). CD41/CD61 has been found on murine hematopoietic progenitor cells, indicating that this complex may play a role in regulating hematopoietic development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated FITC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and blocking (aggregation)2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 359804).
A2A9/6 is recognized as having high affinity to gpIIb/IIIa. It has been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation induced by a variety of agonists and the initiation of clot formation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Basani RB, et al. 1996. Blood. 88:167. (IP)
- Bennett JS, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 80:2417. (Block)
AB_2564344 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359809)
AB_2564345 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359810)
- Complex of CD41 and CD61 through non-covalent association.
- Platelets and megakaryocytes.
- Mediates attachment to cells of diverse matrix proteins.
- Fibrinogen, RGD-containing adhesive proteins such as vonWillebrand Factor (vWF) and fibronectin.
- Cell Type
- Platelets, Megakaryocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Matsumura-Takeda K, et al. 2007. Stem Cell. 25:862.
2. Corbel C, et al. 2005. 49:279.
3. Bennett JS, et al. 1983. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 80:2417.
4. Clemetson KJ, et al. 1994. Curr. Opin. Hematol. 1:388.
- Gene ID
- 3690 View all products for this Gene ID 3674 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41/CD61 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.