- 10C2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|656811||100 µl||290 CHF|
Nestin is a class VI intermediate filament protein originally found in neuronal stem cells, and is required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells. In mixtures, Nestin forms heterodimers with vimentin or internexin, participating in the remodeling of the cell. Nestin was found to be expressed on vascular endothelial progenitor cells and various neoplasms. It is proposed to be a novel angiogenesis marker and cancer therapeutic target.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jozef S, et al. 2012. Biomed. Pap. Med. Fac. 156:135. (IHC)
AB_2616991 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656811)
- 1621 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 177 kD. The observed molecular weight is larger than 250 kD.
- Required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells; plays roles in angiogenesis and tumor formation
- Vimentin, alpha-internexin and FHOD3
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Matsuda Y, et al. 2013. World J. Gastroenterol. 19:42.
2. Matsuda Y, et al. 2012. Med. Mol. Morphol. 45:59.
3. Krupkova O Jr, et al. 2010. Neoplasma. 57:291.
4. Hombach-Klonisch S, et al. 2008. Arch. Immunol. Ther. Exp. (Warsz). 56:165.
5. Pilkington GJ, et al. 2005. Cell Prolif. 38:423.
- Gene ID
- 10763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.