- 13G8C67 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone Deacetylase 2, YY1-Associated Factor 1, HD2, Transcriptional Regulator Homolog RPD3, YAF1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|680105||100 µL||290 CHF|
HDAC2 is a member of the class I histone deacetylase (HDACs) family, which modulates the chromatin structure by removing acetyl groups from the side chain of lysine residues on the N-terminal region of core histones. HDAC2 lacks DNA binding activity and executes its function by recruiting transcription factors and forming large transcriptional repressor complexes. In addition to histones, HDAC2 can deacetylate transcription factors and modify their transcriptional activity. HDAC2 is highly homologous to HDAC1 in regulating cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. HDAC2 has been shown to negatively regulate synaptic plasticity and memory formation. Elevated activity of HDAC2 has been associated with the loss of memory and neuronal degeneration.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human HDAC2 peptide (471-488 a.a.) conjugated to KLH.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:5000-1:50000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
AB_2687039 (BioLegend Cat. No. 680105)
- 488 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 55.4 kD. It contains a histone deacetylase domain.
- HDAC2 is a histone deacetylase responsible for the deacetylation of ε-amino acid group of lysine residues on the N-terminal tail of core histones. Forms of complex with transcription factors and acts as a transcriptional co-repressor.
- Forms histone deacetylase complexes with HDAC1, RBBP4, and RBBP7. Interacts with GFI1, SNW1, HDAC7, PRDM6, SAP30, SETDB1, SUV39H1, H2AFY, ATR, CBFA2T3, BCL-6, DNMT1, MINT, HDAC10, HCFC1, NRIP1, KDM4A, and PELP1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Winter M, et al. 2013. EMBO J. 32:3176.
2. Ma P, et al. 2013. PLoS Genet. 9:e1003377.
3. Kurita M, et al. 2012. Nat. Neurosci. 15:1245.
4. Segre CV, et al. 2011. J. Biomed. Biotechnol. 2011:690848.
5. Brunmeir R, et al. 2009. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 53:275.
6. Guan JS, et al. 2009. Nature 459:55.
- Gene ID
- 3066 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.