- 2B8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- c-KIT, Stem Cell Factor Receptor (SCFR)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|105841||50 µg||273 CHF|
CD117 is a 145 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as c-Kit and stem cell factor receptor (SCFR). It is a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that binds the c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor). CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells (including multipotent hematopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeloid and/or erythroid lineages, and T and B cell precursors), mast cells, and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. CD117 interaction with its ligand is critical for the development of hematopoietic stem cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse bone marrow mast cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 785™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 785™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 785 nm. The bandpass filter 780/60 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 785™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemistry of acetone fixed frozen sections2, and spatial biology (IBEX)5,6. The 2B8 antibody does not block c-Kit activity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ikuta K, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:1502. (FC)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. PubMed (IHC)
- Bachelet I, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:6064. PubMed (FC)
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. PubMed (FC)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2629799 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105841)
- Ig superfamily, 145 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells, AML, mast cells
- Growth factor receptor, tyrosine kinase
- Stem Cell Factor (SCF)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia, Mast cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Galli SJ, et al. 1994. Adv. Immunol. 55:1.
3. Ikuta K, et al. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:759.
4. Besmer P, et al. 1986. Nature 320:415.
5. Witte ON. 1990. Cell 63:5.
- Gene ID
- 16590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD117 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD117 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Biotin anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
FITC anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Purified anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
PerCP anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Purified anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-A0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-B0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
TotalSeq™-C0012 anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD117 (c-kit)