- GHI/61 (See other available formats)
- VI M38
- Other Names
- GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, Hemoglobin/Haptoglobin Complex Receptor, macrophage-associated antigen, ED2(rat)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|333627||25 tests||160 CHF|
|333628||100 tests||345 CHF|
CD163 is a member of the group B scavenger receptor cysteine-rich superfamily, also known as GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, hemoglobin-haptoglobin complex receptor, or macrophage-associated antigen. It is a 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein primarily expressed on macrophages, Kupffer cells, monocytes, a subset of dendritic cells, and a subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. CD163 binds to haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex and TWEAK, and plays a role in clearing hemoglobin and regulating cytokine production by macrophages. Membrane CD163 can be cleaved by metalloproteinases (MMP), resulting in a soluble form. Elevated serum level of sCD163 has been implicated in many kinds of inflammatory diseases.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone GHI/61 binds to domain 7 of CD163. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunocytochemical staining, immunoprecipitation, and western blot.1
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pulford K, et al. 1992. Immunology 75:588. (ICC, IP, WB)
- Law SK, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:2320.
- Madsen M, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:51561.
- Kim WK, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 168:822. (FC)
- Buttari B, et al. 2011. Atherosclerosis. 215:316. PubMed
AB_2650631 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333627)
AB_2650632 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333628)
- 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein, scavenger receptor superfamily
Monocytes, macrophages, Kuffer cells, subset of dendritic cells, subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells
- Clearance of haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, regulation of cytokine production by macrophages
- Haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, TWEAK
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Macrophages, Dendritic cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Roth J, et al. 1994 Transolantation. 57:127
2. Van den Heuvel MM, et al.1999 J. Leukoc. Biol. 66:858
3. Sulahian TH, et al. 2000 Cytokines 12:1312
4. Fabriek BO, et al. 2007 J. Neuroimmunol. 187:179
- Gene ID
- 9332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD163 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.