- BJ18 (See other available formats)
- VI A034
- Other Names
- Hermes, Pgp-1, H-CAM, HUTCH-1, ECMR III, gp85, Ly-24
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|338809||25 tests||185 CHF|
|338810||100 tests||365 CHF|
CD44 is a 80-95 kD glycoprotein also known as Hermes, Pgp1, H-CAM, or HUTCH. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. As B and T cells become activated or progress to the memory stage, CD44 expression increases from a low or mid level of intensity to high expression levels. Thus, CD44 has been reported to be a valuable marker for memory cell subsets. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte attachment to and rolling on endothelial cells, homing to peripheral lymphoid organs and to the sites of inflammation, and leukocyte aggregation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Normal human PBL
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. eds. 1997 Leucocyte Typing VI:White Cell Differentiation Antigen. Garland Publishing Inc.
- Product Citations
AB_2562405 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338809)
AB_2562406 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338810)
- Variable splicing of CD44 gene generates many CD44 isoforms, 85 kD
All leukocytes, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, mesenchymal cells
- Leukocyte attachment and rolling on endothelial cells, stromal cells and ECM
- Hyaluronan, MIP-1β, fibronectin, collagen
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Haynes BF, et al. 1991. Cancer Cells 3:347.
3. Goldstein LA, et al. 1989. Cell 56:1063.
4. Mikecz K, et al. 1995. Nat. Med. 1:558.
- Gene ID
- 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.