- EBVCS-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc Receptor, BLAST-2, B6, Low affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|338521||25 tests||160,00 CHF|
|338522||100 tests||345,00 CHF|
CD23 is a 45 kD protein, also known as Leu-20, FcεRII, IgE Fc receptor, BLAST-2, B6, and low affinity IgE receptor. It is a member of the Ig family, expressed on most mature B cells, B cells in follicular mantle (but not in proliferating germinal center cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, Langerhans cells, and a subset of T cells (10-15% of tonsillar T cells). CD23 responds to high levels of IgE by downregulating IgE secretion. In human monocytes, CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-α, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF. CD23 can be proteolytically cleaved to generate soluble CD23 fragments of various molecular weights. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia, levels of soluble CD23 in the serum can be used as a prognostic marker to identify patients at high risk for disease progression. Alternate splicing of exon 2 can also generate two cell-surface isoforms of CD23 differing by 6 amino acids in their cytoplasmic region.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sugden B and Metzenberg S. 1983. J. Virol. 46:800-807.
- Product Citations
AB_2562460 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338521)
AB_2562461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 338522)
- Ig family member, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, 45 kD
B cells, follicular dendritic cells, monocytes, eosinophils, a subset of T cells, Langerhans cells
- Regulation of IgE synthesis in human monocytes; CD23 triggering results in release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including TNF-a, IL-1, IL-6, and GM-CSF
- IgE, CD19/CD21/CD81
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Ludin C, et al. 1987. EMBO J. 6:109.
2. Delespesse G, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 125:77.
3. Flores-Romo L, et al. 1993. Science 261:1038.
4. Armant M, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1005.
- Gene ID
- 2208 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD23 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.