- 2E1.E9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Glial fibrillary acid protein
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|644710||100 µg||435 CHF|
GFAP is expressed exclusively in astrocytes in the central nervous system. The protein is a member of the intermediate filament family of proteins which form networks providing support and strength to cells. This antibody does not cross-react with other intermediate filaments such as vimentin, neurofilament proteins, desmin and others. More than 50 GFAP mutations have been identified to be associated with the Alexander disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Bovine spinal cord homogenate
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-F - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McLendon RE and Bigner DD. 1994. Brain Pathol. 4:221.
- Liu W, et al. 2011. Proteomics 11:3556. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2566685 (BioLegend Cat. No. 644710)
- Around 50 kD
Only expressed in astrocytes in the central nervous system.
- Together with other proteins to form intermediate filaments which supports astroglial cells. Astroglial cells support and nourish cells in the brain and spinal cord. If brain cells are injured through trauma or disease, astroglial cells react by rapidly prodcing more GFAP protein.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 2670 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GFAP on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Other FormatsView All GFAP Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-GFAP||2E1.E9||IHC-F,ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-GFAP||2E1.E9||IHC-F,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-GFAP||2E1.E9||IHC-F|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-GFAP||2E1.E9||IHC-F,ICC,IHC-P|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-GFAP||2E1.E9||WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.