- 53-7.3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Ly-12
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|100603||50 µg||54 CHF|
|100604||500 µg||262 CHF|
CD5 is a 67 kD protein, also known as Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, or Ly-12. It is a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR) and primarily expressed on thymocytes, T cells, and B-1 cells. Although mature α/β T cells express high levels of CD5, very few γ/δ T cells express this antigen. The interaction of CD5 with CD72, gp35-37, TCR, or BCR is involved in T and B cell activation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.06 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, and immunohistochemistry2 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280. (FC, IHC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370.
- Product Citations
AB_312732 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100603)
AB_312733 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100604)
- Member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR), 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, B-1 cells
- Negative regulator of T-B cell interaction
- CD72, gp35-37
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kipps TJ. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
3. Antin JH, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 136:505.
4. Tarakhovsky A, et al. 1995. Science 269:535.
- Gene ID
- 12507 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD5
FITC anti-mouse CD5
PE anti-mouse CD5
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD5
Purified anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD5
PerCP anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD5
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD5
Purified anti-mouse CD5 (Maxpar® Ready)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD5
APC anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD5
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-A0111 anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD5
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD5
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-B0111 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-C0111 anti-mouse CD5
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD5