- DX2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI C-64
- Other Names
- Fas, APO-1, TNFRSF6
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|305611||25 tests||140,00 CHF|
|305612||100 tests||300,00 CHF|
CD95 is a 45 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as Fas, APO-1, and TNFRSF6. It is a member of the TNF receptor superfamily. CD95 is expressed on T and B lymphocytes, monocytes, neutrophils, and fibroblasts. CD95 expression is upregulated by activation. The extracellular region of CD95 binds to CD178 (Fas ligand). CD178 binding to CD95 induces apoptosis and has been shown to play a role in the maintenance of peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Cotton-topped Tamarin, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CD95 transfected L cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The DX2 antibody is useful for inducing apoptosis of Fas-positive cells. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro induction of apoptosis3 (DX2 antibody is required to be cross-linked for effective induction of apoptosis) and immunohistochemical staining4,5 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 305655 and 305656).
Note: EOS9.1 antibody can induce apoptosis without cross-linking.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds.1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. New York.
- Cifone M, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1547. (Apop)
- Zietz C, et al. 2001. Am. J. Pathol. 159:963. (IHC)
- Sergi C, et al. 2000. Am. J. Pathol. 156:1589. (IHC)
- Xie S, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:2289. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21.
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Dixit N, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:5954. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_314549 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305611)
AB_314550 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305612)
- TNFR superfamily, type I transmembrane protein, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes, neutrophils, fibroblasts, expression level upregulated on activated lymphocytes
- Mediates apoptosis
- Fas ligand (CD178)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Fibroblasts, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Krammer P, et al. 1994. Immunol. Rev. 142:175.
2. Nagata S, et al. 1995. Science 267:1449.
- Gene ID
- 355 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD95 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.