- PS2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Presenilin-2, AD5, E5-1, PS-2, AD3LP, STM-2, gamma-secretase, PSEN2, PS2
Covance Catalog# MMS-359S
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|814201||1 mL||281 CHF|
Mutations in the genes for presenilin 1 and 2 (PS1/PS2) are the causative factors for ~50% of early onset familial Alzheimer's disease. PS1 and PS2 are homologous transmembrane proteins, and along with nicastrin, form high molecular mass multimeric protein complexes involved in the intramembranous proteolysis of several proteins including beta amyloid precursor protein (β-APP) and Notch receptor. Absence of PS1 is associated with dramatic reductions in the levels of mature glycosylated nicastrin. In contrast, absence of PS2 is associated with only modest reductions in the levels of immature nicastrin.Product Details
- Human (Human and Mouse sequences are identical, likely to interact with Mouse)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised using a GST-fusion containing the complete N-terminal fragment of human PS2 (residues 1-87).
- Tissue Culture Supernatant
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:50
• ICC: neat
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting and immunocytochemistry (ICC).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brunello L, et al. 2009. J. Cell Mol Med. 13:3358. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564781 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814201)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 5664 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Presenilin 2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.