- 38F3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- RRNA 2'-O-methyltransferase fibrillarin, 34 kD nucleolar scleroderma antigen, RNA, U3 small nucleolar interacting protein 1
Covance Catalog# MMS-581S
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|905001||200 µL||266 CHF|
Nop1p was originally identified as a nucleolar protein of bakers yeast, S. cerevisiae (accession P15646). The Nop1p protein is 327 amino acids in size (34.5kD), is essential for yeast viability, and is localized in the nucleoli. It is now known to be part of the small subunit processome complex, involved in the processing of pre-18S ribosomal RNA. Nop1p is the yeast homologue of a protein apparently found in all eukaryotes and archea generally called fibrillarin. Fibrillarin/Nop1p is extraordinarily conserved, so that the yeast and human proteins are 67% identical, and the human protein can functionally replace the yeast protein. This means that suitably cross-reactive antibodies to Nop1p/fibrillarin, like MCA-38F3, can be used to reveal nucleoli and study fibrillarin/Nop1p in all eukaryotes and archea tested to date.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Drosophila, S. pombe, C. elegans, plants
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 38F3 was raised against yeast nuclear preparations.
- Contains 0.01M sodium azide.
- Tissue Culture Supernatant
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, KO/KD-WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 0.5 µg per mL (dilution 1:500 - 1:1000). For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:500 (mammalian), and 1:1000 - 1:5000 (yeast) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified with the purified format.
This antibody is useful for immunoblotting (WB), immunofluorescence (ICC) and immunocytochemistry.
*Predicted MW = 34 kD
- Additional Product Notes
For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:500-1:2000 dilution in Drosophila and 1:500-1:1000 dilution in other species. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:500 (mammalian), 1:100 - 1:500 (Drosophila) and 1:1000 - 1:5000 (yeast) is recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Newton K, et al. 2003. Mol. Cell Biol. 23:8519.
- Ochs RL, et al. 1985. Biol. Cell. 54:123.
- Lessard F, et al. 2012. Nucelic Acids Res. 40:5357. (IF) PubMed
- Scruggs BS. et al. 2012. Mol Cell Biol. 32:4092. (WB) PubMed
- Lessard F, et al. 2010. Moll Cell. 38:539. (IF, WB)
- Denissov S, et al. 2011. EMBO Rep. 12:231. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565045 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905001)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.