- 3A2A20 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- POU domain class 5, transcription factor 1 (POU5F1), OCT4, OCT3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|653710||100 µg||347 CHF|
Oct4 (Octamer binding transcription factor 4) is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells. When embryonic stem cells are triggered to differentiate, Oct4 is downregulated, thus providing a model for the early events linked to somatic differentiation in the developing embryo. Oct4 is a nuclear protein, with a predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Oct4 recombinant protein (1-141aa).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Product Citations
AB_2566689 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653710)
- Belongs to the POU transcription factor family, predicted molecular weight of 39 kD
Nuclear protein, expressed in undifferentiated embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, embryonic stem (ES) cells and embryonic germ (EG) cells
- Transcription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Oct4 is a prime candidate for an early developmental control gene. It also is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells.
- SOX2, SOX8, SOX10, androgen receptor, and ETS2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Niwa H, et al. 2000. Nature Genet. 24:372.
2. Wernig M, et al. 2007. Nature 448:318.
3. Pesce M, et al. 2001. Stem Cells 19:271.
- Gene ID
- 5460 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Oct4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Oct4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||WB,ICC,ChIP|
|PE anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ChIP,WB,ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.