- Rat-401 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Nestin, NES
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|655105||25 µg||159 CHF|
|655106||100 µg||358 CHF|
Nestin is a class IV intermediate filament (IF) protein of approximately 240 kD. Nestin interacts with other IF proteins including vimentin, desmin and internexin to form heterodimers and mixed polymers. Nestin is expressed in a variety of neural stem and progenitor cells, and in early stages of development in the central nervous system (CNS). Upon differentiation, and during neuro- and gliogenesis, nestin is replaced by cell type-specific intermediate filaments such as neurofilaments and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP). Nestin distribution and expression pattern in proliferating cells suggests that it participates in structural organization of the cell by regulating the assembly and disassembly of intermediate filaments. The function of nestin itself is highly regulated by phosphorylation. Nestin expression is induced in adults under pathological conditions such as glial scar formation after CNS injury. Antibodies against nestin can be used as a predominant marker to describe stem and neural progenitor cells in the mammalian CNS.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against Homogenized Sprague-Dawley rat spinal cord.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
The reactivity of Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Nestin antibody was verified in FFPE embryonic mouse tissue.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, and immunoprecipitation1-4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hockfield S, et al. 1985. J. Neurosci. 5:3310. (IP)
- Friedman B, et al. 1990. J. Comp. Neurol. 295:43. (IP)
- Brook GA, et al. 1994. Exp. Neurol. 126:31. (IP)
- Lendahl U, et al. 1990. Cell 60:585. (IP)
AB_2721390 (BioLegend Cat. No. 655105)
AB_2721391 (BioLegend Cat. No. 655106)
- Mouse nestin is 1864 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 207 kD. The observed molecular weight is larger than 250 kD.
Tissue distribution: Central and peripheral nervous systems.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, nucleus and cytosol.
- Nestin gene encodes a member of the intermediate filament, and it is required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells.
- Nestin forms homodimers and homotetramers in vitro. It also interacts with other intermediate filament proteins such as vimentin and alpha-internexin.
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Xie L. et al. 2015. Stem Cells Int. (2015):762098.
2. Zhao Z, et al. 2014. Breast Cancer Res. 16(4):408.
3. Narita K, et al. 2014. Int. J. Oncol. 44(4):1118
4. Klein D, et al. 2014. Front Oncol. 4:169
5. Jin X, et al. 2013. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 433(4):496
6. Su HT, et al. 2013. Mol. Cancer Res. 11(7):768.
- Gene ID
- 18008 View all products for this Gene ID 25491 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Nestin||Rat-401||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Nestin||Rat-401||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.