- 3A2A20 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- POU domain class 5, transcription factor 1 (POU5F1), OCT4, OCT3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|653705||25 tests||171 CHF|
|653706||100 tests||382 CHF|
Oct4 (Octamer binding transcription factor 4) is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells. When embryonic stem cells are triggered to differentiate, Oct4 is downregulated, thus providing a model for the early events linked to somatic differentiation in the developing embryo. Oct4 is a nuclear protein, with a predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Oct4 recombinant protein (1-141aa).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Product Citations
AB_2562250 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653705)
AB_2562251 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653706)
- Belongs to the POU transcription factor family, predicted molecular weight of 39 kD
Nuclear protein, expressed in undifferentiated embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, embryonic stem (ES) cells and embryonic germ (EG) cells
- Transcription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Oct4 is a prime candidate for an early developmental control gene. It also is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells.
- SOX2, SOX8, SOX10, androgen receptor, and ETS2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Niwa H, et al. 2000. Nature Genet. 24:372.
2. Wernig M, et al. 2007. Nature 448:318.
3. Pesce M, et al. 2001. Stem Cells 19:271.
- Gene ID
- 5460 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Oct4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Oct4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||WB,ICC,ChIP|
|PE anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ChIP,WB,ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.