- P82H9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MBP, Golli-MBP, myelin A1 protein, myelin membrane encephalitogenic protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|850907||25 µg||159 CHF|
|850908||100 µg||323 CHF|
Myelin basic protein (MBP) is a protein involved in the myelination of nerves in the central nervous system (CNS). MBP functions to maintain the correct structure of myelin, through its interaction with the lipids in the myelin membrane. The myelin sheath is made up of MBP and lipids, and acts as an insulator to increase the velocity of axonal impulse conduction. MBP plays a central role in the demyelinating disease multiple sclerosis (MS). A hallmark of the disease is the loss of the myelin sheath surrounding nerves, thought to be induced by antibodies against MBP.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant MBP protein fragment corresponding to amino acid residues 1-197
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
3D IHC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
AB_2801191 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850907)
AB_2801192 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850908)
- Myelin Basic Protein is a 304 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 33kD.
Tissue distribution: Central and peripheral nervous systems
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, plasma membrane, cytosol, and extracellular
- Classic MBP isoforms (4-14) are the most abundant protein components of the myelin membrane in the CNS. They play a role in both its formation and stabilization. The non-classic isoforms may have a role in the early developing brain long before myelination.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Gene ID
- 4155 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myelin Basic Protein on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Myelin Basic Protein Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Myelin Basic Protein||P82H9||WB,IHC-P|
|HRP anti-Myelin Basic Protein||P82H9||WB,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Myelin Basic Protein||P82H9||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Myelin Basic Protein||P82H9||IHC-P,3D IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Myelin Basic Protein||P82H9||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.