- Other Names
- polyhistidine-tag, hexa histidine-tag, 6xHis-tag, His6 tag, His-tagËäó
Covance Catalog# PEP-156P
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|931601||1 mg||181 CHF|
|931602||5 mg||369 CHF|
6xHis is also known as a polyhistidine-tag or His-tag. It is commonly used as a tag to label proteins, either at the N- or C- terminus, for the purpose of purification or identification with a secondary reagent. Protein purification is typically performed using Nickel-affinity chromatography.
- >90% pure by HPLC
- Storage & Handling
- Store lyophilized or at -20°C in solution
- Recommended Usage
Soluble in PBS. The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• Elution of epitope tag fusion proteins from immunoaffinity columns: 400 ug/mL
• Competitive inhibition of antibody in western or immunostaining: 10-fold molar excess over optimized (low) antibody
- Application Notes
This synthetic peptide (H2N-HHHHHH-COOH) corresponds to the epitope detected by the 6-HIS monoclonal antibody.
This peptide can be used in competition experiments, or to elute bound 6-HIS-fusion proteins from the 6-HIS affinity matrix.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about 6-His Tag on UniProt.org