- MH9D1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, MCGF, TCGF-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 has also been reported to protect human T cells from apoptosis induced by IL-2 withdrawal. IL-9 is upregulated in human eosinophils by TNF-α and IL1-β. IL-9 has been reported to downregulate the oxidative burst in activated human alveolar macrophages and induce TGF-β production. The MH9A3 antibody reacts with human IL-9. The MH9A3 antibody can inhibit IL-9 bioactivity in vitro.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant human IL-9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA - Quality tested
Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection4: The biotinylated MH9D1 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a human IL-9 sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified MH9A4 antibody as the capture antibody.
Neutralization2, 3: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-9 bioactivity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jenmalm M, et al. 2001. Clin. Exptl. Aller. 31:1528.
- Personal comunication with developer.
- Gounni AS, et. al, 2004. J. Immunol. 173:2771.
- Faulkner H, et al. 2002. J. Infec. Diseas. 185:665.
- Chang HC, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:527. (ELISA) PubMed
AB_2888812 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512005)
AB_2888812 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512006)
- Cytokine; 32-39 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld J, et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 3578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.