- A15130B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating factor (multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin-3 (IL-3) is a hemopoietic growth factor involved in the survival, proliferation, and differentiation of multipotent hemopoietic cells. IL-3 is the most potent growth factor for basophils, followed by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and IL-5. These cytokines also act on mature basophils through specific receptors, thereby mediating adhesion, migration, and releasability. IL-3 is highly expressed by mast cells, and large and rapidly released amounts of autocrine IL-3 production are responsible for mast cell survival by IgE in the absence of antigen. IL-3 has also been implicated in the pathogenesis of several chronic inflammatory diseases, including: asthma, atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative disorders, such as multiple sclerosis. IL-3 stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. IL-3 plays a vital role in stimulating basophils and mast cell responses to parasite infections, and since basophils play an important role in Th2 immune responses, IL-3 is a critical regulator of allergic inflammation. IL-3 is expressed in the major embryonic vessels and regulates the survival and proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells in the early stages of embryonic development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-3
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralizing activity. The ND50 is 0.3 – 1.5 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2650727 (BioLegend Cat. No. 694303)
AB_2650728 (BioLegend Cat. No. 694304)
Activated T cells, Th1, Th2, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, and endothelial cells.
- IL-3 is a pleiotropic factor which promotes both self-renewal and differentiation of early multipotential progenitors and is involved in inducible hematopoiesis in response to infections.
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages.
- Heterodimer IL-3Rα (CD123) and a common β subunit (βc) that is shared with the IL-5R and GM-CSFR.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Mast cells, NK cells, T cells, Th1, Th2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Kitamura T, et al. 1989. J. Cell. Physiol. 140:323.
2. Kohno M, et al. 2005. Blood 105:2059.
3. Murphy JM, Young IG. 2006. Vitam. Horm. 74:1.
4. Kleemann R, et al. 2008. Cardiovasc. Res. 79:360.
5. Valent P, and Dahinden CA. 2010. Curr. Opin. Hematol. 17:60.
6. Mirza S, et al. 2010. J. Biol. Chem. 285:22370.
- Gene ID
- 3562 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.