- 2D10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI CD80.1
- Other Names
- B7-1, B7, BB1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD80, also known as B7-1, B7, and BB1, is a 60 kD single chain type I glycoprotein belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD80 is expressed on activated B and T cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells. CD80 binds to CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). Along with CD86, CD80 plays a critical role in regulation of T cell activation. The interaction of CD80 with CD28 provides a potent costimulatory signal for T cell activation through the CD3 complex, while its interaction with CTLA-4 provides an inhibitory signal for T cell activation.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of T cell activation, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections2, immunoprecipitation, and Western blotting3. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 305245 & 305246).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Battifora M. 1998. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. 83:4130. (IHC)
- Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1997. J. Exp. Med. 185:3. (WB)
- Jayakumar A, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:2138. PubMed
- Schubert DA, et al. 2012. J. Exp Med. 209:335. PubMed
- Wen T, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5481. PubMed
AB_2814138 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305245)
AB_2814139 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305246)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 60 kD
Activated B cells and T cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD28, CD152 (CTLA-4)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Freeman G, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:625.
2. Linsley P, et al. 1996. Immunity 4:535.
3. Linsley P, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
- Gene ID
- 941 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD80 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|PE anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD80||2D10||FC, WB, IP, IHC-F|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|APC anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0005 anti-human CD80||2D10||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0005 anti-human CD80||2D10||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0005 anti-human CD80||2D10||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD80||2D10||FC, IP, WB, IHC-F|
|Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD80||2D10||FC|
|TotalSeq™-D0005 anti-human CD80||2D10||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-human CD80
FITC anti-human CD80
PE anti-human CD80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD80
Purified anti-human CD80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD80
APC anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD80
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD80
TotalSeq™-A0005 anti-human CD80
TotalSeq™-B0005 anti-human CD80
TotalSeq™-C0005 anti-human CD80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD80
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD80
TotalSeq™-D0005 anti-human CD80