- 5C3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V CD40.4
- Other Names
- BP50, TNFRSF5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD40 is a 48 kD type I glycoprotein also known as BP50. It is a member of the TNFR superfamily primarily expressed on B cells, macrophages, follicular dendritic cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and at low levels on plasma cells. CD40 has been reported to be involved in B cell differentiation, costimulation, isotype class-switching, and protection of B cells from apoptosis. Additionally, CD40 is important for T cell-B cell interactions. The ligand of CD40 is CD154 (CD40 ligand). The 5C3 antibody has been reported to promote B cell proliferation in the presence of anti-IgM, IL-4 or PMA, partially blocking CD40 binding to CD40L, and B cells rescue from apoptosis.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus Monkey, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Costim - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: costimulation of B cell proliferation1, partial inhibition of CD40 binding to CD40L3, and B cell rescue from apoptosis1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman SF, et al. 1995. ed. Leukocyte Typing V:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. New York:Oxford University Press.
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Pound JD, et al. 1999. Int. Immunol. 11:11.
- Shey MS, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:4833. PubMed
- Sondergaard JN, et al. 2014. Mol Immunol. 59:180. PubMed
- Saiki O, et al. 1995. J Clin. Invest. 2: 510-4 (Costim)
- Product Citations
AB_2810512 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334350)
AB_2810513 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334351)
- TNFR superfamily, type I glycoprotein, 48 kD
B cells, macrophages, follicular dendritic cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- B cell differentiation, costimulation, isotype class-switching, rescues B cells from apoptosis
- CD154 (CD40 ligand)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Banchereau J, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 12:881.
2. Foy T, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:591.
- Gene ID
- 958 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD40 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.