- TS2/16 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V A-S202
- Other Names
- Integrin β1 chain, VLA-β chain, gpIIa, ITGB1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD29 is a 130 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as integrin β1, VLA-β chain, or gpIIa. It is broadly expressed on a majority of hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells, including leukocytes (although at low level on granulocytes), platelets, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and mast cells. CD29 is a member of the integrin family. It is non-covalently associated with integrin α1-α6 chains to form VLA-1 to VLA-6 molecules, respectively. Integrins, which include CD29, bind to several cell surface (e.g. VCAM-1, MadCAM-1) and extracellular matrix molecules. CD29 acts as a fibronectin receptor and is involved in a variety of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Cynomolgus, Dog (Canine), (Horse reactivity), Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
IP, IHC, Activ - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections3,5, and activation of integrin ß14,7,8. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 303035 and 303036). Clone TS2/16 recognizes epitope A2.10
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Gutierrez-Lopez M, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:208.
- Hemler ME, et al. 1984. J. Immunol. 132:3011. (IHC, IP)
- Sanchez-Aparicio P, et al. 1994. J. Cell Biol. 126:271. (Activ)
- Frank NY, et al. 2005. Cancer Res. 65:4320. (IHC)
- Murga M, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1992. (FC) PubMed
- Porter JC and Hogg N. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 138:1437. (Activ)
- Conway RE, et al. 2006. Mol. Cell. Biol. 26:5310. (Activ)
- Wesseling J, et al. 1995. J. Cell. Biol. 129:255. (Dog Reactivity)
- Rubio G, et al. 2002. Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 51:130.
- Dong A, et al. 2015. J Biol Chem. 290:8016. PubMed
- Paebst F, et al. 2014. Cytometry A. 85(8):678-87. (Horse reactivity)
AB_2860779 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303035)
AB_2860780 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303036)
- Integrin, type I glycoprotein, forms VLA-1 to VLA-6 heterodimers with CD49a-f (α1-α6), also associates with CD51 (αV), and α7- α9, 130 kD
Lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes (low), platelets, mast cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells
- Cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions
- VCAM-1, MAdCAM-1, ECM
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Mast cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Platelets, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hemler M. 1990. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 8:365.
2. Hynes R. 1992. Cell 69:11.
- Gene ID
- 3688 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD29 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.