- 2/40/15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, tyrosine 3-hydroxylase
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Tyrosine hydroxylase, also known as tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, is the enzyme that converts amino acid L-Tyrosine to L-3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA). L-DOPA is a precursor to dopamine, which is then converted to norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline). Dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine are all important neurotransmitters. Alterations in the activity of tyrosine hydroxylase may be involved in a number of neurological diseases such as Parkinson's and schizophrenia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against purified Tyrosine Hydroxylase from rat Pheochromocytoma tumor.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Spark YG™ 570 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Spark YG™ 570 has a maximum excitation of 555 nm and a maximum emission of 570 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining (IHC-P).
This antibody is less reactive in human tissue in Western Blot.
AB_2861082 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818009)
AB_2861083 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818010)
- Expected MW: 65 kD
- Cell Type
- Dopaminergic Neurons, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Presynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 25085 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tyrosine Hydroxylase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.