- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4 receptor alpha chain, IL-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4R subunit alpha, IL-4R-alpha, CD124, CD124 antigen
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mouse IL-4RA was initially cloned from mouse CTLL2 cells. It is a transmembrane glycoprotein type I. It possesses 810 amino acid; with an extracellular domain of 207 residues, a transmembrane domain of 24 residues, and the intracellular domain with 569. IL-4RA binds to IL-4 with high affinity, and a soluble receptor has been identified that possesses only the extracellular domain; the soluble receptor blocked the ability of IL-4 to induce CTLL cell proliferation. IL-4 binds to two heterodimeric IL-4 receptor complexes, the IL-4R type I (composed of the IL-4Rα and the common cytokine receptor γc chains) and II (composed of IL-4Rα and IL-13Rα1 chains) and it play a key role in Th2 cell differentiation. The IL-4R type II is shared with IL-13, and this interaction promotes airway inflammation and remodeling. The cytokines IL-4 and IL-13, acting through their heterodimeric IL-4 receptor complexes, play a crucial role in asthma pathogenesis; increased signaling via IL-4rα through STAT6 exacerbates allergic airway inflammation. Also, IL-4 enhances histamine release from peripheral blood basophils and mast cells in vitro and in vivo, and the sIL-4R inhibits histamine release. In addition, sIL-4R acts as antagonist of IL-4 in an infectious disease.Product Details
- Mouse IL-4RA, amino acids (Ile26- Arg233) (Accession # NP_001008700) was expressed in 293E cells. The carboxy terminus contains SR-IEGRMD-hIgG1-Fc tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 447 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 51.2kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 70 kD and 140 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ile.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS at pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Mouse IL-4RA inhibits the proliferation of HT-2 mouse cells induced by mouse IL-4. The ED50 = 0.05 - 0.25 µg/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soluble receptor
T cells, B cells, mast cells, monocytes, macrophages, fibroblast, and endothelial cells
- Promotes Th2 differentiation, induction of Th2 associated cytokines, macrophage activation and TSLP production, regulation of IgE production, involved in asthma pathogenesis.
- IL-4RA inhibits the proliferation of HT-2 cells induced by mouse IL-4.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Mosley B, et al. 1989. Cell 59:335.
2. Gessner A, et al. 1994. Infect. Immun. 62:4112.
3. Hoffman RC, et al. 1995. Protein Science. 4:382.
4. Tachdjian R, et al. 2010. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 125:1128.
5. Noval Rivas M, et al. 2015. Immunity. 42(3):512-23.
6. Gour N and Wills-Karp M. 2015. Cytokines. 75:68.
7. Massoud AH. 2016. Nat Med. 22:1013.
- Gene ID
- 16190 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4RA on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)