- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17A/F is part of the IL-17 cytokine family which consists of six structurally related proteins (IL-17A, B, C, D, E, and F). IL-17A is expressed primarily by Th17 cells, a subset of CD4 T cells. IL-17F is most closely related to IL-17A. The two molecules share 50% amino acid sequence homology. Like IL-17A, IL-17F mRNA and protein have been detected in Th17 cells. IL-17F and IL-17A exist as homodimers, adopting a cysteine knot motif formed through the interactions of four cysteines, one of which is responsible for the interchain bonding. IL-17F and IL-17A can form both homodimeric and heterodimeric proteins when expressed in a recombinant system and all forms of the recombinant proteins have in vitro functional activity. Mouse Th17 cells secret IL-17A/F as well as the homodimers IL-17A and IL-17F. IL-17A/F induces IL-6 and KC (CXCL1) production in mouse fibroblast and macrophages. IL-17A/F signals through IL-17A and TRAF6.Product Details
- Mouse IL-17A, amino acids Ala26-Ala158 (Accession# NM_010552) and mouse IL-17F, amino acids Arg29-Ala161 (Accession# NM_145856) were expressed independently in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- 30 kD
- Purity is >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of two-fold dilutions from 500 pg/mL to 7.8 pg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-17A/F protein is useful as a standard for a mouse IL-17A/F sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled TC11-18H10.1 antibody (Cat. No. 506901 or 506906) for capture and biotinylated 8F5.1A9 antibody (Cat. No. 517105) for detection.
IL-17A/F is expressed by Th17 cells.
- Proinflammatory, associated with many immune/autoimmune related diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, lupus, allograft rejection, anti-tumour immunity and recently psoriasis.
- IL-17A/F might act primarily on parenchymal cells such as fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.
- IL-17R (CD217)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Chang SH and Dong C. et al. 2007. Cell Res. 17:435.
2. Liang SC, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:7791.
3. Wright JF, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:13447.
4. Wright JF, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:2799.
5. Fouser LA, et al. 2008. Immunol. Rev. 226:87.
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID 257630 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A/F on UniProt.org