- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-13 receptor subunit alpha-2, IL-13 receptor subunit alpha-2, IL-13R subunit alpha-2, IL-13R alpha-2, IL-13Rα2, IL-13Ra2, CD213a2, IL-13 binding protein, IL-13BP
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-13 is a key mediator in the pathogenesis of allergic inflammation. Its receptor is comprised of IL-4Rα and IL-13Rα1, which tranduct the signaling to the downstream STAT6 pathway. IL-13Rα2, also known as IL-13Ra2 and IL-13BP, serves as a decoy receptor to attenuate IL-13-induced response. IL-13Rα2 binds IL-13 with 100-300 folds higher affinity than does IL-13Rα1, but IL-13Rα2 lacks signaling motifs on its cytoplasmic tail. Mice deficient in IL-13Rα2 showed increased IgE level and IFNγ production, consistent with a phenotype of enhanced IL-13 effects. Airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation was enhanced in IL-13Rα2 transgene mice, indicating that IL-13Rα2 blocks IL-13 mediated response. In mice, there are two discrete transcripts generated by alternative splicing, producing membrane-bound and secreted forms, respectively. Some evidences indicated that MMP-8 contributes to soluble forms of IL-13Rα2 by cleaving membrane-bound IL-13Rα2. In human, only membrane-bound transcript was found and soluble forms were absent in human plasma.Product Details
- Mouse IL-13Rα2, amino acid (Leu22-Lys334) (Accession: # O88786.1), with a linker and a C-terminal Fc, was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 546 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 62.64 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 66 and 130 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Leu.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 1x PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU/µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The ED50 is 4-20 ng/mL, as determined by inhibition of mouse IL-13-induced proliferation on TF-1 cells in the presence of 4 ng/mL mouse IL-13.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Disulfide bond-linked homodimer
Spleen, brain; membrane-bound and soluble form.
- IL-13Rα2 serves as a decoy receptor to inhibit IL-13-induced responses.
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Zhang JG, et al. 1997. J Biol Chem. 272: 9474.
- Donaldson DD, et al. 1998. J Immuno. 161: 2317.
- Kawakami K, et al. 2001. Blood. 97: 2673.
- Wood N, et al. 2003. J Exp Med. 197: 703.
- Chen W, et al. 2014. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 132: 951.
- Chen W, et al. 2008. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 122: 625.
- Chen W, et al. 2009. J Immunol. 183: 7870.
- Gene ID
- 16165 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-13Rα2 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)