- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Secreted Prolactin Binding Protein, HPRLrl, PRL-R, HPRLR, MFAB
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The prolactin receptor (PRLR) is a class I cytokine receptor with single membrane-domain, possesses 4 cysteines in the N-terminal region of the extracellular domain that are critical to keep the structural and functional integrity of the PRL-receptor. Prolactin (PRL), growth hormone (GH), and prolactin lactogen (PL) interact with PRLR homodimers and activates several signaling pathways, such as STAT5 and ERK1/2. The best known function for PRL/PRLR complex is to stimulate mammary gland to enable female mammals to produce milk. The PRL/PRLR complex play key roles in different physiological process such as: regulation of immune functions, pancreatic development, angiogenesis, reproduction, osmoregulation, and metabolism. The PL/PRLR complex is involved in the regression of angiogenesis during luteolysis; thus genetic ablation of the prolactin receptor contributed to angiogenesis defects in the corpus luteum in mice. The expression of prolactin receptor has been reported in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis synovial tissue and it has been suggested that contributes to macrophage activation. In addition, synovial-tissue PRL mRNA expression has been measured by quantitative PCR in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and psoriatic arthritis (PsA), and the expression correlated significantly with clinical disease parameters in those patients.Product Details
- Human PRLR amino acids (Gln25 - Asp234) (Accession # P16471) was expressed in 293Ecells.The carboxy terminus contains SRIEGR -Fc-6His tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 455 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 52 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 60 kD and 120 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gln.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Human recombinant PRLR inhibits the proliferation of rat Nb2-11 cells induced by human recombinant prolactin (at 1 ng/ml, Cat. No. 559004) in a dose dependent manner. The inhibition of proliferation was measured using Deep Blue Cell Viability™ Kit (Cat. No. 424701). The ED50 = 0.4 - 2.0 µg/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mammary gland, endothelial cells, beta cells, adipocytes, immune cells, neurons.
- Prolactin/PRLR complex stimulate mammary growth and function, neurogenesis in the adult female forebrain during pregnancy, insulin expression, secretion, and beta cell proliferation.
- Prolactin, Prolactin lactogen, GH
- Inhibits rat Nb2-11 cell proliferation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
- Grosdemouge I, et al. 2003. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 1:12.
- Shingo T, et al. 2003. Science. 299:117.
- Karnik SK, et al. 2007. Science. 318:806.
- Broutin I, et al. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285:8422.
- Männik J, et al. 2010. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 95:2433.
- Reuwer AQ, et al. 2012. J Cell Mol Med. 16:2035.
- Gonzalez C, et al. 2015. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 36:572.
- Goyvaerts L, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10(3):e0121868.
- Tang MW, et al. 2016. Rheumatology (Oxford). 55:2248.
- Tang MW, et al. 2017. J Leukoc Biol. 102:897.
- Gene ID
- 5618 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PRLR on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)