- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, MCGF, TCGF-3
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 was initially identified in mice as a T cell growth factor. Human and murine IL-9 show a 56% amino acid sequence homology. IL-9 is a cytokine that acts as a regulator of a variety of hematopoietic cells, stimulates cell proliferation, and prevents apoptosis. The IL-9 receptor consists of the cytokine-specific IL-9 receptor α-chain (IL-9Rα) and the common γ-chain that is shared by IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-15, and IL-21. IL-9 is expressed by activated Th9, Th17, Tregs, and mast cells and appears to play an important role in the development and function of subsets within the CD4+ T cell lineage. IL-9 also inhibits immune responses by enhancing the suppressive properties of Tregs and by recruiting immunosuppressive mast cells to sites of inflammation. Genetic studies on a mouse model of asthma demonstrated that this cytokine is a key factor in the pathogenesis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness. In this sense, it has been described that IL-9 and IL-9R expression are increased in lungs of asthmatic patients. In addition, IL-9 promotes mast cell mediated intestinal permeability and plays a role in the development of food allergies. IL-9 has also been associated with atopic dermatitis.Product Details
- Human IL-9, amino acids (Gln19-Ile144) (Accession# NP_000581.1), was expressed in E. coli.
- >98%, as determined by SDS-PAGE, Coomassie stained with Invitrogen SimplyBlue SafeStain.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 1000 pg/ml to 8 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-9 protein is useful as a standard for a human IL-9 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled MH9A4 antibody (catalog #507602) for capture and biotinylated MH9A3 antibody (catalog #507702) for detection.