- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-1F, IL-1ε, IL-1H1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The IL-1 family is a group of cytokines comprised of 11 membranes, including recently renamed IL-36 cytokines, IL-36α, β and γ (previously known as IL-1F6, IL-1F8 and IL-1F9). IL-36γ signals through the IL-1 receptor family members IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP and can activate downstream MAP kinases and transfection factor NF-kB. IL-36γ is synthesized without signal peptide and the secretion pathway is unclear. It has been shown that, like other IL-36 cytokines, N-terminal processing of IL-36γ can significantly increase its biological activity. The possible processing enzymes are currently unknown. IL-36γ also plays a significant role in immune response. Low level of IL-36 receptor IL-1Rrp can be detected on bone marrow-derived dendritic cells and CD4+ T cells. IL-36γ treatment can upgulate CD80, CD86 and MHC Class II, and proinflammatory cytokine producton in dendritic cells. IL-36γ has also been implicated in airway hyperesponsiveness. Intranasal administration of recombinant IL-36γ in mice leads to epithelial cell hypertrophy, cellular infiltration, and mucus production. IL-36γ expression in the lungs of mice can be upregulated by allergic inflammation.Product Details
- Human IL-36γ, amino acids Ser18-Asp169 (Accession# Q9NZH8), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 152 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 17 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Lyophilized, carrier-free.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Measured by its ability to induce IL-8 production by human PBMCs.
- IL-1 family cytokine.
- Peripheral blood lymphocytes, keratinocytes, bronchial epithelial cells, THP-1.
- IL-36γ is a proinflammatory cytokine. In the skin, IL-36γ is primarily expressed by keratinocytes and its expression can be upregulated by inflammatory cytokines, toll-like receptor ligands, and some pathological conditions. IL-36γ is highly induced in psoriasis plaques. In THP-1 cells, LPS can induce IL-36γ production. T-bet dependent induction of IL-36γ has also been reported in several myeloid cells.
- Dendritic cell, macrophage, lung fibroblast cells.
- A combination of IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Blumberg H, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:2603.
2. Vigne S, et al. 2011. Blood. 118: 5813.
3. Ramadas RA, et al. 2006. Immunogenetics. 58:851.
4. Carrier Y, et al. 2011. J. Invest. Dermatol. 131:2428.
5. Debets R, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1440.
6. Towne J, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:13677.
7. Towne J, et al. 2011. J. Biol. Chem. 286:42594.
- Gene ID
- 56300 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-36 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)