- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B7H6, NCR3LG1, natural killer cell cytotoxicity receptor 3 ligand 1, B7 Homolog 6
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
B7-H6 is a type I transmembrane protein and member of the B7 family. It contains 454 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 51 kD and has several potential N-glycosylation sites. Similar to the other members of the B7 family, B7-H6 possesses two Ig like domains in the extracellular domain. The most related proteins to B7-H6 are B7-H1 and B7-H3. B7-H6 is expressed in human cancer cells such as myeloid and lymphoblastic leukemia, neuroblastomas, and melanomas, and it binds to NKp30 to activate human NK cells and target cell killing. Nevertheless, tumor cells can escape NK-cell-mediated recognition. A mechanism of immune escape involves tumor cell shedding of B7-H6. That process is mediated by ADAM10 and ADAM17. Thus, soluble B7-H6 high levels in blood have been detected in patients with malignant melanoma; levels that correlate with elevated B7-H6 expression in melanoma biopsies. In addition, B7-H6 is expressed in glioma stem-like cells derived from glioma cell lines in vitro. Soluble isoforms forms of B7-H6 have also been detected in serum during normal pregnancy. These isoforms, of ∼37kDa and ∼30kDa, maintain the C- and N-terminus, and it seems that they are released by a mechanism different from proteolytic cleavage. B7-H6 can be induced in healthy cells by inflammatory process. B7-H6 and NKp30 orthologues do not exist in mice.Product Details
- Human B7-H6 amino acid Asp25-Ser262 (Accession # Q68D85) was expressed in CHO cells. The carboxyl terminus contains a linker - hIgG1-Fc tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 477 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 53.5 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 70 kD and 140 KD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Asp.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in pH 7.2, PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg sizes is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant human B7-H6-Fc chimera induces the production of IFN-γ in human NK-92 cells in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 1– 5 µg/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Product Citations
Human tumor cell lines, cancer cells, monocytes and neutrophils after inflammatory stimulation, glioma stem-like cells. Not detected in healthy cells.
- Natural killer (NK) cell activation and cytotoxicity
- NK cells
- NKp30 (CD337)
- Recombinant human B7-H6 induces the production of IFN-γ in human NK-92 cells in a dose-dependent manner.
- Cell Type
- Leukemia, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Death, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Antigen References
- Brant CS, et al. 2009. J Exp Med. 206:1495.
- Kaifu T, et al. 2011. Cell Mol Life Sci. 68:3531.
- Matta J, et al. 2013. Blood. 122:394.
- Schlecker E, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:3429.
- Chen Y, et al. 2018. Path Oncology Res. 24:717.
- Gutierrez-Franco J, et al. 2018. Immunobiology. 223:57.
- Obiedat A, et al. 2020. J Mol Med. 98:135.
- Chen H, et al. 2020. J Immunol Res. 2020:2328675.
- Gene ID
- 374383 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- B7-H6-Fc Chimera
- View information about B7-H6 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)