- F27P3A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 2, Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2, TIMP2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TIMP-2 (Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2) is a nonglycosylated protein that belongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family. Contains 1 NTR domain, predicted molecular weight 24 kD. The mechanisms of TIMPs inhibit angiogenesis appear to be specific for each member of the TIMP family. TIMP-2 binds to the surface of human endothelial cells through interaction with the integrin α3β1, and abrogates angiogenic factor induced endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo independent of MMP inhibition. Clone F27P3A4 has been shown to be useful for western blotting, immunohistochemistry and ELISA of human, mouse, rabbit, chicken, zebrafish, and pig TIMP-2.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Chicken, Zebrafish, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic Peptide DSGNDIYGNPI
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5-10 µg per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Murray G et al. 1998. Gut. 43:791.
- Fromique O, et al. 2008. J. Biol. Chem. 283:30549. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2287490 (BioLegend Cat. No. 635401)
AB_2204826 (BioLegend Cat. No. 635402)
- Belongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family. Contains 1 NTR domain, predicted molecular weight 24 kD.
- TIMP-2 binds to the surface of human endothelial cells through interaction with the integrin α3β1, and abrogates angiogenic factor induced endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo independent of MMP inhibition.
- MMP2, MMP8, MMP14, CD49C
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
1. Stetler-Stevenson, et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264:17374
- Gene ID
- 7077 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIMP-2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.