- A19016A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal Transducer and Activator Of Transcription 4, SLEB11, Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 4 Variant 3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family of transcription factors are DNA-binding proteins required for transcriptional regulation of several cellular and physiological processes in response to cytokine and growth factor stimulation. Inactive STAT proteins are present as cytosolic monomers. C-terminal tyrosine phosphorylation by upstream Janus kinases results in STAT dimerization, translocation to the nucleus, and increased affinity for response elements found in the regulatory promoter of STAT target genes.
In contrast to most other members of the STAT family, STAT4 expression is restricted to hematopoietic cells and responds to fewer cytokines, such as IL-12 and IL-2. STAT4, which requires phosphorylation at tyrosine 693 for activation, plays a pivotal role in the differentiation and proliferation of Th1 and Th17 cells, both of which are crucial effectors of chronic autoimmune disorders. In natural killer cells, STAT4 is required for normal development, maturation, and activation. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of STAT4 are implicated in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosis and rheumatoid arthritis, and are linked with increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human STAT4 phosphorylated at tyrosine 693
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is predicted to recognize mouse STAT4 phosphorylated at tyrosine 694 and rat STAT4 phosphorylated at tyrosine 693 due to complete sequence homology between the immunizing peptide and the respective murine STAT4 orthologs.
AB_2890857 (BioLegend Cat. No. 941201)
AB_2890857 (BioLegend Cat. No. 941202)
- STAT4 is a 748 amino acid protein with predicted molecular weight of 86 kD.
Hematopoietic cells/Nucleocytoplasmic localization
- Transcription factor, cell signaling
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
Trinchieri G, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:133.
Remmers EF, et al. 2007. N. Engl J. Med. 357:977.
Mukasa R, et al. 2010. Immunity. 32:616
Rapp M, et al. 2017. Sci. Immunol. 2:3296.
- Gene ID
- 6775 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT4 Phospho on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.