- Poly6245 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 2, interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|624502||200 µl (20 Western blots)||$250.00|
STAT2, a 113 kD member of the STAT (signal transducer and activators of transcription) protein family, is phosphorylated in response to interferon alpha receptor signaling by Janus kinase I. Phosphorylation of STAT 2 induces nuclear translocation to activate transcription. STAT2 is highly expressed in the skin and thymus. STAT 2 forms complex with STAT1 and p48 to activate transcription and does not bind DNA directly. STAT 3 interacts with interferon regulatory factor 9, interferon alpha receptor, STAT 1, p48, and CREB binding protein. The Poly6245 antibody recognizes the C-terminal region of human STAT2 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunohistochemistry.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide mapping to the carboxy terminus of human STAT2
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For IHC, use a 1:50 dilution of antibody for staining. Antigen retrieval for IHC of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue using 0.01 M sodium citrate buffer is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2198452 (BioLegend Cat. No. 624502)
- STAT family, contains coiled coil and SH2 domain, 113 kD
Translocates into nucleus after phosphorylation. Expressed in skin, thymus.
- Phosphorylated in response to cytokine signaling by receptor-associated kinases, translocates to nucleus to act as transcriptional activator. Interferon alpha binding to its receptor induces a transcription complex (ISGF3) composed of p48, STAT2, and STAT
- STAT1, p48, interferon regulatory factor 9, interferon receptor 2, CREB binding protein
- Phosphorylation (Tyr 690) by Janus kinase 1
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Bluyssen HAR, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:4600.
2. Qureshi AA, et al. 1996. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16:288.
- Phosphorylated by signaling from IFN alpha receptor
- Gene ID
- 6773 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT 2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.