- W3/25 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T4, L3T4, W3/25
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4 is a 55 kD glycoprotein also known as T4. Rat CD4 is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed on majority of thymocytes, macrophages, and a peripheral T cell subset (T helper cells). CD4 is a T cell co-receptor that interacts with the MHC class II molecule and is involved in T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat thymocyte membrane glycoproteins
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The W3/25 antibody has been shown to inhibit IL-2 production by T helper cells and to prevent autoimmune T cell transfer in an MBP induced EAE model in vivo. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2, inhibition of IL-2 production3, inhibition of MBP-induced T cell activation in EAE transfer model3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Whiteland JL, et al. 1995. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 43:313. (IHC)
- Shioji K, et al. 2001. Circulation Res. 89:540. (IHC)
- Mannie MD, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:7293.
- Kurtz CC, et al. 2007. Dev. Comp. Immunol. 31:415. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313931 (BioLegend Cat. No. 201501)
- Ig superfamily, 55 kD
Majority of thymocytes, macrophages, and a peripheral T cell subset (T helper cells)
- T cell co-receptor, T cell activation
- MHC class II molecule
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Brideau RJ, et al. 1980. Eur. J. Immunol. 10:609.
2. Clark SJ, et al. 187. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84:1649.
- Gene ID
- 24932 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.