- A15105J (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- S100A9, Migration inhibitory factor-related proteins-14, Calgranulin-B, Leukocyte L1 complex heavy chain, Calprotectin L1H subunit
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
MRP-14, also known as S100A9, belongs to the S100 family of proteins containing 2-EF-hand calcium-binding motifs. It forms non-covalently associated complexes with another S100 family member, MRP-8. MRP14 is expressed in neutrophils and monocytes; it also has been found in ileal tissue eosinophils. The S100A8/A9 complex has been shown to play a role during calcium-dependent activation as well as have antibacterial, antifungal, immunomodulating, and anti-proliferative effects. It also functions as a chemoattractant factor for neutrophils and has been considered an endogenous activator of Toll-like receptor 4. S100A9 has been identified as a marker for CD14(+) HLA-DR(-/low) MDSCs.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human S100A8/S100A9 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.5 µg per mL (1:1000-1:10000). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize S100A8. The 114 amino acid recombinant S100A9 protein has a predicted Mw of ~13 kD for monomer and ~26 kD for dimer.
- Product Citations
AB_2721746 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600301)
AB_2721747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600302)
- Belongs to S100 family of proteins containing 2-EF-hand calcium -binding motifs, forms non-covalently associated complexes with another S100 family member MRP-8. S100A9 has 114 amino acids with the predicted Mw of ~13 kDa.
MDSCs, neutrophils, monocyte, and ileal tissue eosinophils
- Calcium-dependent activation, immunomodulating and antiproliferative, endogenous activator of Toll-like receptor 4
- Calcium, S100A8
- RAGE, TLR4
- Cell Type
- Neutrophils, Monocytes, Eosinophils
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Loser K, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:713.
2. Cheng P, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:2235.
3. Leukert N, et al. 2006. J. Mol. Biol. 359:961-72.
4. Lagasse E, et al. 1988. Mol. Cell. Biol. 8:2402.
5. Zhao F, et al. 2012. Immunology. 136:176.
- Gene ID
- 6280 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MRP-14 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.