- MTS510 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Toll-like Receptor 4/MD2 complex, TLR4-MD2-complex, TLR4/MD2, CD284/MD2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Toll-like receptors are highly conserved from Drosophila to humans and share structural and functional similarities. They are type I transmembrane signaling receptors which activate the innate immune system in response to pathogen invasion. So far, at least 13 TLR members have been identified. The secretory protein, MD2, associates with cell-surface bound TLR4 (CD284) on monocytes, B cells and T cells. TLR4 has been recognized as critical for host recognition of bacterial LPS in conjunction with MD2.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ba/F3 cell line transfected with mouse TLR4 /MD2 complex
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Verified
ICFC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Anti-mouse TLR4 clones SA15-21 and MTS510 recognize distinct epitopes and don’t cross block each other.8 Clone MTS510 binds to an epitope of TLR4/MD-2 that is lost after LPS stimulation.8 In addition to flow cytometric uses, the MTS510 antibody has also been used for immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, and blocking of LPS-induced stimulation. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 117607). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 117612) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Akashi S, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:3471. (FC, ICFC, IP, Block)
- Kawasaki K, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:413. (FC)
- Nalbandian G, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:2666. (FC) PubMed
- Kanada S, et al. 2011. Blood 117:2211. PubMed
- Laplate P, et al. 2011. J. Biol Chem. 286:42494. PubMed
- Khan MA, et al. 2006. Infect. Immun. 74:2522. (IF)
- Tanigawa T, et al. 2013. Innate Immun. 19:115. PubMed
- Akashi S, et al. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 198:1035.
- Product Citations
AB_313788 (BioLegend Cat. No. 117601)
AB_313789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 117602)
- Type I transmembrane protein complex
Monocytes, B cells and T cells
- Activates the innate immune system against Gram-negative bacterial pathogens by recognition of LPS
- Bacterial LPS
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Toll Like Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Frleta D, et al. 2003. J. Leukocyte Biol. 74:1064.
- Gene ID
- 21898 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TLR4 MD2 Complex on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.