- MM27-7B1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-27 p28, IL-27-A, IL-27 subunit alpha
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-27 is a heterodimeric cytokine consisting of EBV-induced gene-3 (EBI3, an IL-12 p40-related protein) and p28 (a newly discovered IL-12 P35-related protein). It is a member of the IL-6/IL-12 cytokine family and mainly produced by antigen-presenting cells, including macrophages and dendritic cells. IL-27 acts on T cells and NK cells. It has been reported that IL-27 drives rapid clonal expansion of naïve CD4+ T cells, and promotes Th1 polarization and IFN-γ production in synergy with IL-12. The IL-27-induced Th1 differentiation was mediated by rapid and marked upregulation of ICAM-1/LFA-1 interaction in a STAT1-dependent manner. IL-27 exhibits anti-inflammatory function by enhancing Th1 cell differentiation, a potent antitumor activity, through CD8+ T cell and NK cell activation. It also plays a potential therapeutic role in autoimmune disease by inhibiting Th-17 development. IL-27 mediates its biological effects through its receptor, WSX-1/T cell cytokine receptor (TCCR), which is homologous to the IL-12Rβ2 subunit. Protein gp130 serves as a functional signal-transducing molecule for IL-27.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse IL-27-OVA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A concentration of 0.5 µg/ml of the capture antibody was utilized to generate the example standard curve. It is recommended that the end-user titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
Clone MM27-7B1 specifically recognizes the p28 subunit of IL-27.1 We confirmed clone MM27-7B1 cross-reactivity to recombinant human IL-27 in-house using an immunoassay.
ELISA Capture: To measure mouse IL-27, this antibody can be used as a capture antibody in sandwich ELISA format and paired with the biotinylated B02P6E6 antibody (Cat. No. 525904) as the detection antibody. Recombinant Mouse IL-27 (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 577409) can be used as the protein standard.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled MM27-7B1 antibody is useful for intracellular and membrane-bound immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify granulysin-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Note: For measuring mouse IL-27 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-27 Heterodimer ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 438707 & 438708) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Uyttenhove C, et al. 2011. J. Leuko. Biol. 89:1001.
AB_2561334 (BioLegend Cat. No. 516901)
AB_2561335 (BioLegend Cat. No. 516902)
- A heterodimeric cytokine consisting of EBV-induced gene-3 (EBI3, an IL-12 p40-related protein) and p28 (a newly discovered IL-12 p35-related protein).
Produced by antigen-presenting cells, including macrophages and dendritic cells.
- Drives rapid clonal expansion of naïve CD4+ T cells, promotes Th1 polarization and IFN-γ production; plays a role in the anti-inflammatory and antitumor reponses, and has potential in autoimmune disease therapy.
- T cells and NK cells.
- IL-27R (TCCR/WSX-1).
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Salcedo R, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:7170.
2. Owaki T, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:2191.
3. Pflanz S, et al. 2002. Immunity 16:779.
4. Diveu C, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:5748.
5. Morishima N, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:1686.
6. Liu J, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:141.
- Gene ID
- 246779 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-27 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.