- M3706F07 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 25, Interleukin 17E
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-25 (also known as IL-17E) is a member of the IL-17 family, which includes IL-17A, IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17F, and IL-17A/F. The primary sequence homology differs between family members, with mouse IL-17A and IL-17F having the highest homology (49%), while mouse IL-17A and IL-25 have the lowest (28%). IL-25 induces gene expression of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 in multiple tissues, and this induction results in T helper 2 (TH2)-type immune responses; this is characterized by an increase in serum IgE levels, pathologic changes in the lungs and digestive tract with eosinophilic infiltrates, an increase in mucus production, epithelial cell hyperplasia, and overall amplified allergic inflammation. IL-25 shares the receptor IL-17RB with IL-17B, although it binds with much higher affinity than IL-17B.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Mouse IL-25
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Capture applications, a concentration range of 1 - 8 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-25 (IL-17E) recombinant protein ranging from 1600 to 25 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The pure M3706F07 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated M3704D11 antibody (Cat. No. 538104) as the detection antibody and Recombinant Recombinant Mouse IL-25 (IL-17E) (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 579809).
AB_2814536 (BioLegend Cat. No. 676304)
IL-25 is produced by mast cells, epithelial cells, alveolar macrophages, microglia, and Th2 cells
- IL-25 directly promotes Th2 cell differentiation and the expression of IL-4, IL-5, IL-13, CCL11 (eotaxin), and therefore, lung eosinophilia. IL-25 enhances IL-9 production by differentiated Th9 cells
- CD4+ NKT cells, macrophages, endothelial cells, eosinophils, and Th2 and Th9 cells
- IL-25 binds to IL-17RB
- Antigen References
- Hurst SD, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:443.
- Ikeda K, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3594.
- Kang CM, et al. 2005. Am. J. Respir. Cell. Mol. Biol. 33:290.
- Kleinschek ME, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:161.
- Terashima A, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:2727.
- Angkasekwinai P, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:250
- Gene ID
- 140806 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-25 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.