- MMp19B2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 23 p19/p40, P19, IL-23A, IL23P19
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interleukin 23 (IL-23) is a heterodimeric cytokine composed of two disulfide-linked subunits, a p19 subunit that is unique to IL-23, and a p40 subunit that is shared with IL-12.IL-23 is secreted by activated macrophages and dendritic cells.Human and mouse p19 share 70% aa sequence identity. The functional IL-23 receptor complex consists of two receptor subunits, a β1 subunit shared with the IL-12 receptor (IL-12R β1) and a β2-like subunit with STAT4 binding domain, termed the IL-23-specific receptor subunit (IL-23R).IL-23 has been shown to enhance IFN-γ production by memory T cells.Additionally, mouse IL-23 (but not IL-12) can activate mouse memory T cells to produce the potent proinflammatory cytokine IL-17.IL-23 has been shown to be upregulated in certain autoimmune diseases and promote immunity in response to some viral and mycobacterial infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse p19 C-terminal peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA capture antibody, a concentration range of 2.0 - 6.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-23 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 7.8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified MMP19B2 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated C17.8 antibody as detection antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Keswani T, et al. 2014. Exp Parasitol. 141:82. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2233637 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513801)
AB_2280243 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513802)
- Member of the IL-12 cytokine family, heterodimeric cytokine composed of p40 subunit shared with IL-12 and a specific p19 subunit
Secreted by activated dendritic cells and macrophages.
- Upregulated in viral infections, increased in psoriatic lesions and promotes immunity to mycobacteria.
- IL-23 receptor (β1 subunit of IL-12 receptor and IL-23-specific subunit)
- Enhances IFN-γ secretion by memory (CD45RO) T cells and induces unique Th subset (designated Th-17) secreting IL-17.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Oppmann B, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:715.
2. Parham C, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:5448.
3. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
4. Verreck FA, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:4560.
5. Lee E, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:125.
- Gene ID
- 83430 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-23 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.